I understand that this situation is upsetting to you and many others. However, as there have been no violations of the LiveJournal Terms of Service, the Abuse Prevention Team is unable to intervene in this matter. Although it will not replace the years of history contained within house_cuddy, you may wish to consider creating a new, similarly themed community.
LiveJournal Abuse Prevention Team
I don't think we should leave it at that. I'm going to take a day or so to think it over and then probably send another letter discussing his coup d'etat and asking them to step in and allow for new moderators. The pissant was a moderator for mere months and yet deleted a community that had been there a lot longer than that. I'm also going to check into whether or not we can petition LJ somehow.
IMO we should start rebuilding now with a new set of moderators since em_gl has said she doesn't want to do it full-time. If we get house_cuddy back then the new mods here can take over there. Personally, I feel there should be 3-5 moderators as well as 2-4 maintainers.
It saddens me that we may lose the archives that were built at house_cuddy. I often went through the calendar and read old posts, etc. It was an enjoyable experience and provided me with an awesome introduction to the members of the community.
At the same time I feel strongly that we must move forward because of the principals involved, namely that:
- the house/cuddy fandom is more than one person. NO matter how powerful that person may think he is;
- the fandom can not be destroyed/dissolved by any one person;
- that we are a strong group who believes in this pairing despite whatever individual disagreements we may have over it;
- that we will fight for its survival when others seek to destroy it (that's how I view this action by *the pissant* that it was an attack against the fandom itself and NOT an attack on any one person but the group as a whole - screw him);
- we're organized and prepared to start over.
All just IMHO, of course. I look forward to your comments.